Guest post and Recipe by Danielle Bear of Cacao for Coconuts
The only thing better than freshly baked banana bread is chocolatey banana bread! Made with wholesome ingredients you know and love makes this bread vegan and sugar free.
1 ripe banana + more for topping
1/3 cup oat flour
1/4 cup dark chocolate cherry spread
1 chia egg (1 Tbsp chia, 3 Tbsp water)
1 tbsp cacao (I used a lions mane cacao mix)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
handful of walnuts
1. Make chia egg and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. In a mixing bowl, mash banana. Add in the dark chocolate cherry spread, chia egg and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add in the oat flower, baking soda and cacao powder. Stir until well combined.
5. Fold in chopped walnuts last.
6. Transfer to baking dish(s) and spray or line with parchment paper. Top with more banana!
7. Bake until bananas are golden and loaf is firm. (I made three mini loaves and they baked for 22 minutes).