Guest post and Recipe by Danielle Bear of Cacao for Coconuts
If it's covered in chocolate, count me in. I love grab-and-go fuel. A lot of the protein bars and protein snacks at the store are packed with sugars and other unnecessary ingredients. Once you see how simple these are, you can try making your own. These truffles have wholesome ingredients that you can recognize and your body will too.
1/2 cup dark chocolate coconut spread
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp protein powder
Chocolate for melting (I used 100% cacao)
1. In a food processor, combine nut butter, almond flour, coconut shreds, vanilla and protein powder.
2. Mix until well combined, scraping edges as needed.
3. Use your hands to form protein balls of desired size (I made 8).
4. Place on parchment paper and freeze for 20-30 minutes
5. Melt chocolate and coat chilled protein ball evenly.
6. Put back in freezer for at least an hour.
7. Store in fridge and enjoy.